The yuca is a starch rhizome that is mainly cultivated in the warm climate of Africa, Asia and South America. Yuca must not be consumed raw. This because it contains toxic amounts of cyanogenic glycosides, that can be reduced to innocuous levels by cooking. Besides the cane, the yuca is one of the riches sources of carbohydrates. The Yuca is an excellent source of carbs, Vitamin B9 (folic acid), Vitamin C, Magnesium, Manganese, Copper.
Os Benefícios da Mandioca Para Saúde:
- Increase in the immune function
- Protection against cardiac diseases
- Slower aging
- Repair and protection of the DNA
- Cardiovascular disease relief
- Hypertension relief
- Protection against Alzheimer
- Protection against Osteoporosis
- Reduction in risk of Type II Diabetes
- Migraine frequency reduction
- Premenstrual Syndrome relief
- Antioxidant protection
- Epilepsy crisis prevention
- Alopecia areata prevention (spot baldness)
How to pick yuca: Search for firm roots with no signs of odors and no signs of different colors.
How to store yuca:Yuca roots will not last longer than 3-4 days, unless coated in wax. Fortunately, most roots are sold coated in wax and can be kept for 4 weeks when stored in a dark, fresh place. Yuca roots can also be kept for periods longer than 6-8 months when pealed and frozen.